PHAN THIET WATER TOWER
Visiting downtown Phan Thiet, it’s many parks, cafes, shops and excellent market are a great way to spend the afternoon. The tower sits on the Ca Ty River, which runs through the middle of down-town Phan Thiet.
The Phan Thiet Water Tower was designed by Prince Suphanouvong of Laos, who was the chief engineer of the Nha Trang Public Works Bureau. Work on the water tower began in 1928 and was completed in 1934.
The prince was appointed to work in Vietnam by the government of Indochina, which was under the rule of the French. The prince later became the Head of the State of the Lao People Democratic Republic.
The upper part of the tower is an octagonal water reservoir, 5m in height and 9m in diameter. The tower was the main supply of water for the residents in Phan Thiet at that time. The tower is the symbol of Binh Thuan Province and can be seen in many local emblems and logos.